"I Will Survive" - Star Style!

Stumbled upon this video where the stars were singing a karaoke for Ellen DeGeneres 50th Birthday back in 2008. It's an odd song choice for a birthday gift, but you know the stars .. they can do anything they want and people will still adore them high and low.

Listen to what they're saying to Ellen.



(In appearance order, and if you don't know who they are, GOOGLE it!)

Jamie Foxx: At first I was afraid
Jake Gyllenhaal: I was petrified
Sharon Osbourne: Kept thinking I could never live ..
Paris Hilton: .. without you by my side
Victoria Beckham: But then I spent so many nights
Heidi Klum: Thinking how you did me wrong
Jack McBrayer: And I grew strong
Jake Gyllenhaal: And I learned how to get along
Queen Latifah: And so you're back from outer space
Kate Walsh: I just walked in to find you here ..
Jamie Foxx: .. with that sad look upon your face
Jack McBrayer: I should have changed that stupid lock
David Spade: I should have made you leave your key
Paris Hilton: If I'd have known for just one second you'd be back to bother me
Celine Dion: Go on, now go ..
Queen Latifah: .. walk out the door!
Jake Gyllenhaal: Just turn around now
Heidi Klum: You're not welcome anymore
David Spade: Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye, did you think ..
Masi Oka: .. I'd crumble?
Victoria Beckham: Did you think I'd lay down and die?
David Spade: Oh no, not I, I will survive
Heidi Klum: Oh, as long as I know how ..
Jake Gyllenhaal: .. to love I know I'll stay alive
Celine Dion: I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give
Jamie Foxx: I will survive, I will survive, yeah, yeah

And Ellen, she'd just laugh no matter how hard they tried to kick her out of the door with that harsh song. Isn't she amazing? No. I rephrase. Aren't THEY all amazing?

Now let's do statistic.

Number of Appearance:
Jake Gyllenhaal (4), Jamie Foxx/David Spade/Heidi Klum (3), Paris Hilton/Queen Latifah/Victoria Beckham/Celine Dion/Jack McBrayer (2), Sharon Osbourne/Kate Walsh/Masi Oka (1)

The Best Dancer:
Queen Latifah

The Funniest:
David Spade. (well I could say it's Jake *grin*, but David totally cracked me up. Oh, and Heidi's batting-eyelashes .. adorable!).

Click here to view "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.

2 comments:

Emajanti said...

Wow! Did you really recognize all of them? I may only recognize half .. LOL

joelliea said...

It's even hard to recognize Jake Gyllenhaal with his beard and had to google the rest =D. No, seriously, I missed two: Kate Walsh because I couldn't see her face clearly, and Jack McBrayer because .. well. I just had no idea who this guy was. Apparently, he's in 30 Rocks. Hahaha.