Better Not to Miss That Cute Tarzan



I was sceptical when I entered the tent. I was really not quite into animal thingies, as I had expections on some acrobatic show. Sure, those tigers were graceful (and they brought my fear to a new level seeing that one of them could actually climb THAT high!), those puddles were beyond cuteness, those dancing elephants moved so awesomely ignorant with their lazy eyes and enormous size (I wondered why there was no safety barriers/cage at all on the elephant show. Didn't they know that a moody elephant could throw a dangerous tantrum and flatten people to the ground with one step of their huge foot?).

This show had a storyline of Tarzan. (For more information, please click on the above picture). And when it was about Tarzan, amidst the jungle of Africa, yes, there were plenty of ethnic music and dance, acrobatic stunts and aerial dances. With no safety wires. Yihaaaaaaa!!!

** Tarzan swinging around. His curly hair was way cuter than the puddles.
** Tarzan's mom playing hula hoops. Hoops were not that simple, my friends, not that simple. (Vids from YouTube)
** Tarzan's dad playing the "German Wheel". I could only capture a short moment. Wow. Just wow.
** Tarzan and Jane. I lost the recorded file .. frown .. Let's see if I could steal from YouTube.
** Tarzan's mom dancing the "Aerial Cube". This one was so stunning .. and I lost the file too. Double frowns! (Got it from YouTube, it's dark, but you can get the picture)
** The Pole Climbers. This was worth mentioning. I didn't record it because it was hard to take my eyes off it. They climbed the poles, literally in styles that could put monkeys to deepest shame.
** Tarzan and Jane, Reunited. The bravest aerial dance in pair I'd ever seen. No wires, I recalled.
** The closing. I got it when one kid audience entered the stage and danced together with all the casts. This kid would be a star one day.

In general, this circus would catch more adults' than kids' attention, because there were less animal acts and more human acts. They performed more acrobatics with exhilarating background music (including the relentless drum player). This is why I love it .. and I love Tarzan.

0 comments: