Love Monologues

I do not love you as if you were a salt rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers; thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride. So I love you because I know no other way than this: where I does not exist, nor you; so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that when your eyes close, I fall asleep.

~ (Pablo Neruda's Sonnet XVII, as quoted by Robin Williams in "Patch Adams") ~



Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

~ (as narrated by Hugh Grant in "Love Actually") ~



My love is a journey; Starting at forever, and ending at never .. ~ (Anonymous) ~

4 comments:

Emajanti said...

gue ketiduran tadi malam .. cuma bertahan smp 11.30pm, mungkin krn malam sebelumnya smp jam 2pm dan siangnya gak tidur gara2 nonton parents trap. anyway... love your monologues and so yes, happy valentine :)

joelliea said...

I posted late too. Internet was cracking up for about 2 hours during midnight.

I'm so much into love quotes. Hard to choose only a couple. But these ones seem everlasting.

Emajanti said...

speaking of internet connection, gak ada deh yg pengalamannya kayak gue ... weekend ini gue gak connect using 3G, tapi only GPRS.. and you know how lelet it is?? it's like forever! untung lagi musim cinta bersemi.. gua males ngomel2, jadi nya yaaa... sabar. kata orang kan sabar p****t nya lebar wkwkwkw....

gue dulu pernah dapat conversation di my best friend wedding, antara julia robert dan diaz di lift.. tapi lupa .. belum sempet cari lagi. itu bagus banget, mnrt gue.

joelliea said...

lift? you mean bathroom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMQPoKJHj5I

??