The Accidental Midnight Artist

Last night after wrapping up the activities, I went to Mat's room to check on him. He was sleeping. I gave him a kiss and was about to exit the room when I heard some mumblings. Mat did talk in his sleep often when he'd had too much of his day. But this time, I recognized this ..

.. am I supposed to leave you now .. when you're looking like that ..

I was dumbfounded. Then I listened closely ..

.. am I supposed to leave you now .. when you're looking like that .. I can't believe what I just gave away, now I can't take it back ..

I bursted out laughing. I had my Blackberry in my hands, was in the middle of chatting with Ema .. and I just couldn't continue typing except "hahahahahahahahahahaahah". It was so hard to restrain the sound of my laughters, till I managed to reduce it into endless gigglings. Still, it stirred Mat up. He stared at me half asleep and said, "What?", as if I somehow had mocked him. So I had to put everything away - the giggles, and the berry - and tried to put him back to sleep. While wondering if I would get more Westlife's songs from him for the rest of the night. No luck, though. He was fast into soundless sleep.

Previously:
Earlier in the evening, just before Mat's bedtime, I played a Westlife karaoke DVD, and sang together with Mat for about 30 minutes. I passed the microphone to him and asked him to sing his favorites songs on his own so I could record it with my mobile phone. He requested "Uptown Girl", which ended in total silent. Then "Flying Without Wings", which after seconds past, he asked me to sing along and he joined in only at I'm flying without wiiiiiiinggsssss. Then "When You're Looking Like That", he got the refrein and asking for one repeat. Then "My Love"', which I decided to play with the audio control button to fill in the verses he couldn't sing.

Here's the recording result for the last two songs:




When karaoke session was over, he drank a glass full of water in one take. Afterwards, his Dad took him to bedroom. I heard his chatters, as usual, and an encore of "When You're Looking Like That" for a couple of times before all went quiet.

Then he decided to sing in his sleep.

.........


Next:
We will conquer the "World of Our Own". For now, Mat is happy singing it lalalalalalalalala, lalalalalalalalala, lalalalalalalalala, what am I doing without you ..






2 comments:

Emajanti said...

you are so responsible of this cute awesomeness. HAHA. When I read your 3x hahahah in that BBM, I was like "what...?" I tweeted it to Westlife, not sure they read or not, I got no retweet from them.

joelliea said...

This morning I told Mat what happened. He said "Really?" and giggled sheepishly. I think he found this hilarious too.

Westlifemusic is too busy to read tweets. Hahahaha.