Here, There and Everywhere

I don't know why I often like the cover versions of some certain songs, better than the original versions. Probably it's because of the much later version suits more to my taste, my age, or any other factors. This one, is no exception. Sure, The Beatles made it famous.

But honestly, I melt listening to Neri Per Caso's.

I first knew about this sextet (read: 6 persons forming a singing group, d'oh) from my friend, who played "Quello Che Vuoi" during my company's outing. Man, I thought, I always loved a cappella (read: singing without any musical instruments, 2nd d'oh). A cappella makes me appreciate the only greatest musical instrument God's given to human: our own voice. We can create or copy any kind of sound with it, if we only how to do that. But this group is something else. First, they're Italiano, I couldn't understand a single word they're singing. Second .. out of those many songs I couldn't follow (and it's really frustrating in my book, I tell ya'), they sang "Here, There and Everywhere".

!!!!!!!!

*sigh in relief* Finally a song I could sing along. And it's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. So beautiful whenever I hear this song, including when a baby product ads used it, including when Clay Aiken sang it on American Idol Season 2, I thought of Neri Per Caso. A group that is barely known in here .. (hey, haven't they ever come to Jakarta once? Yea I remember they sat on stools, singing this song on one of the local TV studio coverage) .. but they are absolutely here and there, and I want them everywhere in my mind. It's simple. It's easy. Can't get enough of it.

To lead a better life
I need my love to be here

Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with a wave of her hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share
Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

To be there and everywhere
Here, there and everywhere




2 comments:

Rebecca said...

cool... not bored listening to this song neli per caso version...

kalo ga salah, liat dr gambar covernya, gw sempet punya kasetnya tuh ...

tp knapa hr ini, lagunya ga kluar , it keeps circling & loading... maybe internet gw lg slow kali ya

Emajanti said...

I should start listening to other songs than Leehom's (LOL), jadi kalau 2 tahun albumnya dia gak kelar2, gue kagak panik kayak gini.. hehee...