When There Ain't Never Enough Jake

I caught this paragraph from here:

Jake Gyllenhaal's brain-liquifying levels of dreaminess have made him a universal object of desire, with every surfacing photograph of him and companion used as definitive evidence in the ongoing "He's on our team!" tug-of-war. (Even the canine community claimed him when he was snapped canoodling with an underage puggle.)

How can I not agree?

When I find one sidepage is not enough for Jake. And I don't want to open another blog just because there're already some people doing amazing job in stalking him (find a few of them here and here, from where I got this very nice article).

So I'm just gonna summarize my state on this page only.

I've seen thirteen of his movies and wrote three long posts to comment on each. (Click on pics to read comments. Watch out for spoilers!)



These following pics painted the sweetest moment in Proof. Can I take Gwyneth's place? Let me just drooling over this trailer at 1:33.


And dreaming to replace Heath Ledger on Jake's best movie to date, Brokeback Mountain. I even named my pet-fish Ennis and Jack.
Click here to see my favourite scene (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER!!).

Ennis Del Mar: I'm gonna tell you this one time, Jack fuckin' Twist, an' I ain't foolin'. What I don't know - all them things that I don't know - could get you killed if I come to know them. I ain't jokin'.
Jack Twist
: Yeah well try this one, and I'll say it just once!
Ennis Del Mar
: Go ahead!
Jack Twist
: Tell you what, we coulda had a good life together! Fuckin' real good life! Had us a place of our own. But you didn't want it, Ennis! So what we got now is Brokeback Mountain! Everything's built on that! That's all we got, boy, fuckin' all. So I hope you know that, even if you don't never know the rest! You count the damn few times we have been together in nearly twenty years and you measure the short fucking leash you keep me on - and then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get. You have no idea how bad it gets! I'm not you... I can't make it on a coupla high-altitude fucks once or twice a year! You are too much for me Ennis, you sonofawhoreson bitch! I wish I knew how to quit you.
Ennis Del Mar
: [crying] Well, why don't you? Why don't you just let me be? It's because of you Jack, that I'm like this! I'm nothin'... I'm nowhere... Get the fuck off me! I can't stand being like this no more, Jack.

From some sources I've also learned that Jake has the deepest regret for losing the audition for Christian in Moulin Rouge!. He was down to three with Ewan McGregor and Heath Ledger. Now. As much as I love Ewan as Christian, it's my regret for not be able to see Jake singing and dancing in the best musical movie ever. Just a thought of him doing this piece, way beyond my imagination. I could never look at Christian the same way again.

Talking about Jake's interviews, I find most are very entertaining. I'm pretty sure it's mainly because of his sense of humor, wacky interviewers and smart publicist. Rarely any boring ones. Even in the most serious interview, I still can find him very charming and polite. Playlisted a collection around here, alongside some movie clips and trailers. Look out for the one with Jonathan Ross (Part 1 and Part 2), George Stroumboulopoulos and the Q&A Session of Wondercon 2010 (Jake Gyllenhaal, is human after all. He could get embarassed. Fans: "You're pretty, I just thought you should know it". Jake: "If you weren't silhouetted, I'd be able to say the same thing". Awwww!). View Wondercon 2010: Disney's Prince of Persia Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

To wrap it up for now, this Gyllenhaalic post won't be completed without a Vanity Fair Photoshot and a slideshow of 100 chosen pics (from here and other sources).


William James said "The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." ..

.. I'm too stressed out. So I choose to think of Jake Gyllenhaal over everything.

2 comments:

Emajanti said...

nice picture slides.... and wow! you are totally a Gyllenhaalic :p

joelliea said...

Gyllenhaalic is just an understatement.

You view all 100 pics?? Yea, wow. But honestly I'm really dead on the interviews @_@. Tell me you did click on Jonathan Ross'.