Dubai: Day #3 A Place with a View

SOUK AL BAHAR

The Mother of All Skyscrapers
Souk Al Bahar is Dubai's premiere waterfront dining and leisure destination in Downtown Dubai, at the foot of Burj Khalifa, with direct views of The Dubai Fountain.

Wasn't that good enough? Yea. I copied that from brochures.

As she had an urgent appointment, my sister dropped us right at Souk Al Bahar's entrance from the parking area, when we actually planned to go to The Dubai Mall.  She said, "See you at the mall in one hour."

Wait.  Was this place a part of The Dubai Mall?  How, where to go?

We entered dim-lighted floors.  The interior was rustic, or traditional, or .. kinda .. spooky.  I was pretty sure I wouldn't  want to be in this place at night.  But then, we saw modern cafes, restaurants, supermarket, stores selling souvenirs to put it in contrast.  Eh.  Where was this, say again?

The windows showing the daylight,  and the directions pointing to The Dubai Mall or to the fountain.  Phew. We followed as fast as we could like people gasping for air from under water.

Then when we were finally outside .. wow.  WOW.  I changed my mind, I liked this place very much!  Gimme my camera.  Stat!

Didn't you feel like swimming?
Yep. That's the fountain lake and the foot of ..
Peek-a-boo.



Souk Al Bahar - The Dubai Mall entrance
The bridge to The Dubai Mall, the Old Town in sight.
I may only be this tall ..
.. but look at me standing tall with the tallest.


Downtown Dubai





David and Goliath.

Most of the pictures served as obvious evidences that we were so short in the foot of the tallest, that we could not capture Burj Khalifa to its top. To make it more difficult, The Burj was glistening in the sun, I found myself looking at it with eyes half-closed, my forehead a bit hurt by cringing all the time .. eventhough I was wearing my sunglasses. D'oh.  (If my camera lens could complain the same ..).

Some photographers offered their service to photograph us with certain fee (I forgot how much, but I recalled it was a highway robbery, so we said no).  These photographers, I didn't know how they did it.  Looked like they were very well-aided by their state-of-the-art cameras.

I was glad I was not alone.  I found people taking various positions just to get better shots.  Might as well a matter of time when we would see them laying down on the pathway, taking shot of The Burj and the sky.  Now that would be interesting to see.

I, I squatted and positioned my camera on the ground, tilting it way, way up.  Finally we could have some pictures of Burj Khalifa in its full glory with us posing in the front. For free. Yay!




















.. to be continued to Day #3 Mall-Photoshoot Session.








0 comments: