Dubai: Day #6 .. that Ended with an Extra-Ordinary Evening

When Dad and Bro went underwater, Mom and Owen went window-shopping.

  • Candies
Candylicious, the world's largest candy store is an international concept developed in Singapore.  And they opened a big, over 10,000 sq ft (930 m2) shop in The Dubai Mall. Located just across Dubai Aquarium. The shop was striking with mouth-watering colors.
















  • Fruits and Nuts





  • Biscuits and Chocolates

This was the 2nd time I stopped in front of La Cure Gourmande.  I hesitated at the 1st time.  But this time, I went in and straight away asked the staff if it's allowed to take pictures in the shop.  They said yes. 

It was just a gorgeous shop.  The lighting was warm.  Cans of biscuits, chocolates, nougats, cakes, bonbons and others were neatly arranged. A feast to the eyes.










  • Stuffed Camels
Too cute.  We stuck to the true meaning of "window" shopping.



















  • Food

Mission Impossible: Rice. Plain Steamed White Rice. So many food choices .. without rice.

Fun Fact: Kentucky Fried Chicken in Dubai served fried chicken .. accompanied by a bread bun. Fried chicken, with bread instead of rice. Blegh!











  • Fashion for Kids

There was a TV reality show that told a story of a fashion designer who had a baby, and whenever she asked her assistant to get her baby's daily or outing clothes, it was like, "Get the Armani.  Oh. No, no, Gucci. Yeah, he looks better in Gucci.", I rolled my eyes.

Then I saw what the mall offered on its kids floor.  And I solemnly accepted, that for those rich people, Armani, Gucci, Burberry, Dior were just regular brands, ready to be ruined by dribbles, milk and food spills and pukes. 










  • Books
Book World by Kinokuniya. I regretted I didn't have more time to browse this massive 68,000 square feet book store.




  • The Souk
By this time, Mat and Andri joined in to explore the traditional section of the mall.






  • Christmas Decoration
The mall had set-up its Christmas centerstage in the form of castle, prince and princess, and unicorns.  IMHO, it was inferior to what's been set-up in some of the stores.




  • Others
Home Furnishing
A restaurant with classic interior
Everything is made of wood
Department Store





















  • Water Fountain
Time flew very fast. It was past 6 pm. and we had a fountain show to catch.

We took our place at Burj Khalifa's promenade, the same spot as where we watched the fountain a couple days ago.

Owen and Mat had their dinner right there while we waited for the show.

A group of young Filipino students took place at my left.

At 6.30 pm sharp, the fountain dance to an Arabic song. Hmm.  I wished there was some schedule hand-out or information on what would be playing at the The Dubai Fountain, so we could avoid sitting through the same song.  Fortunately, I was still kinda busy feeding Owen, so it was alright.

Once Owen was done, it was 7 pm.

The melody so very dear and familiar started ..

.. and I screamed. HUAAAAA!! Where's my camera?  Where's my DAMN CAMERA???!!

(I thought I made one or two girls next to me jumped, because I felt their eyes on me for a brief moment, puzzled.  Then they understood when Celine Dion started to sing).

At exactly 1:18-1:19, when the song reached its peak, 
I captured a silhouette of a father kissing his baby. Awwwwww.

The Prayer. Made. My. Evening.

It was difficult to record it full and steady, because I was too excited.  My heart swelled. I got goosebumps and felt like crying.  No matter how many times I'd seen it on tube, it was far more beautiful in live.  Would you just look how high the water jet was shot while Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli soared through the refrein?

(Here's the full show on tube, at dusk and in the evening.)





I was still dealing with the aftermath of the 7 pm show when the 7.30 pm show started. It was a wonderful "Waves" by Bijan Mortazavi, an Iranian violinist. I picked up Owen from his stroller, and stood him on my lap. I loved it. He loved it.

And the Filipino students loved it too. They were dancing along the fountain.


We thought we could see one more show before we headed back to the mall for dinner and go back home.  The 8 pm showed "The Butterfly Lovers".  This 2nd time around, I could truly appreciate the graceful choreography. 


This set of fountain show was remarkable. I didn't know if I could come back here to see more of it, I'd love to, but if I really couldn't, I'd be contented with this evening.

0 comments: